New to the world of using Carbide Burrs? Here are a couple of basic guidelines:
- Adjust speeds as needed for optimum performance. Use slower speeds for harder materials. Use higher speeds for cutting with smaller diameter burrs.
- Do not run above maximum speeds. This can cause premature wear and damage to burr teeth.
- Do not run below minimum speeds. This can cause chipping.
- All other tools and collets should be in good condition.
- Not for use in portable drill motors.
- Apply constant pressure while cutting.
General Recommendations for Solid Carbide Burr Speeds
|1/16||60,000 – 90,000|
|1/8||45,000 – 50,000|
|3/16||35,000 – 40,000|
|1/4||30,000 – 35,000|
Use the right Burr for the right job!